Tuesday 17 February 2015

Nephew haqeeqa

Hi lovelies,

I hope you are all good. My cousin had a baby during the start of this month, and well, over the weekend we had a haqeeqa for the baby boy. I didn't take many pictures but, I will share one photo.

My intention for this post was to make you all aware what the importance of a haqeeqa is. So a haqeeqa is when a sheep or animal is sacrificed in regards to the child. Some, scholars believe it is obligatory while others say it is a Sunnah, (something which is followed because of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w.) Anyway, for a boy it is 2 sheeps sacrificed and for a girl one sheep. The meat is given to family, friends and relatives. And a good amount is also given to the poor.

Below is what I wore on the Haqeeqa party,


I hope you enjoyed this post keep coming every week to have a look at something new. 
Make sure to like my +Facebook+ Fan Page and follow me on +Instagram and +Google+

Speak soon,

Mahwish xx

No comments:

Post a Comment